Betty works from her own photography and is especially drawn to the poetic quality of morning and evening light for her portrayal of landscapes, florals, and wildlife.
Betty has lived in many parts of the U.S. but, since retiring, has been doing artwork for over 25 years in North Carolina. She is a signature member of the Colored Pencil Society of America, (CPSA) and a charter member and past-president of the Artists League of the Sandhills in Aberdeen NC. She’s an active member and past-president of the Sandhills Photography Club in Pinehurst NC. Other memberships include the Pastel Society of NC. And invited member of the Miniature Painters, Sculptors & Gravers Society of Washington DC.
Hendrix has had six solo and five two-artist shows. She teaches pastel and colored pencil at the Artists League in Aberdeen. Her work is displayed in various group shows; the offices of Drs. Monroe in Pinehurst; Campbell House Gallery in Southern Pines; and public and private collections throughout the country.
Betty’s works have been juried into over 75 national and international exhibitions and received numerous awards.
Recent Juried Shows and Awards
- 2016 Yosemite Renaissance – Juried exhibition at Yosemite & various venues in CA
- 2016 Explore This!12, Colored Pencil Society of America – Online Juried Shows
- 2016-2006 Annual International Exhibitions of Fine Art in Miniature in North Bethesda MD
- Purchase Award – 2014 Fine Arts Festival Arts Council of Moore County
- Signature Status Award, 2010 International Exhibition, Colored Pencil Society of America
- First Place Drawing, Fine Arts Festival of Moore County, NC
- Honorable Mention – Drawing, 2009 Artists Magazine All Media Online
- Honorable Mention, 2008 International Pastel Exhibition, Atlanta, GA
- Honorable Mention, 2008 National Juried Art Exhibition, Hilton Head, SC
- Purchase Award – 2007 National Juried Exhibition, Pastel Society of North Carolina, Burlington, NC
- Third Place Award, 2005 International Miniature Exhibit, Black Mountain, NC
- Blick Special Award, 2005 Coastal National Juried Exhibition, St. Simons Island, GA
click on the thumbnail pictures below to see the full painting