SUBMISSION DEADLINE: November 15, 2012
The Exhibitions Coordinator for the Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, NC is currently accepting submissions of original 2-D and small 3-D work in all media for consideration for the 2013 exhibition calendar.
1. Artists must be able to hand deliver and install their work. No shipped work will be accepted.
2. Only original work is accepted — no mechanical reproductions, giclees of original works, etc.
4. Due to the alternative nature of the space, nudes or imagery with overt religious or sociopolitical themes will not be considered.
1. Exhibition periods are three months in duration. Deliveries and installations are scheduled during designated weekdays. Please note that the works must be hand delivered and installed by the artist. The Exhibitions Coordinator will be there to guide the installation. 2D artists are strongly encouraged to bring a helper to assist with hanging their pieces.
2. Shows will generally open at the beginning of each quarter (January, April, July, and October), and come down at the very end of each quarter (March, June, September, and December). Artwork must hang for the entire duration of the exhibition, and must be picked up during the dismantling dates scheduled with the coordinator.
1. Sales are handled directly through the artist. No sales commission is taken, but work must remain up until the end of the exhibit.
2. Work that is not for sale is acceptable; a value must be given for NFS work.
3. The artist is responsible for collecting and reporting NC sales tax.
4. Artists must provide their own labels and artist statements to be posted with the works.
5. There are no fees.
Please read the following requirements carefully. Incomplete submissions cannot be considered. Please submit images of available works. Slides and cd-roms will be reviewed soon after the deadline to create the 2013 exhibition schedule; for consideration, slides or cd-roms must be received by the deadline..
1. a cover letter stating that you are applying for the BMC location
Barbara Cullen, WFUBMC Art Curator
1013 Shaker Ct, Winston-Salem, NC 27104