SUBMISSION DEADLINE: November 15, 2011
The Exhibitions Coordinator for the Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center in Winston-Salem, NC is currently accepting submissions of original 2-D and small 3-D work in all media for consideration for the 2012 exhibition calendar. Submissions of work that explores the role of arts in healing is particularly encouraged.
Available galleries consist of three hallway type areas, four lobby areas, and a locked glass cabinet for small 3D work. Hundreds of viewers see the exhibit areas each day, so the potential for sales is great. For more information please see the website for the Medical Center’s Visual and Performing Arts program at www.wfubmc.edu/arts/ . Click on galleries schedule to see current information.
Requirements for Submissions:
- Artists must be able to hand deliver and install their work. No shipped work will be accepted.
- Only original work is accepted — no mechanical reproductions, giclees of original works, etc.
- The location is interested in all styles in both 2-D and 3-D media.
- Due to the alternative nature of the space, nudes or imagery with overt religious or sociopolitical themes will not be considered.
Calendar and Installation:
- Exhibition periods are three months in duration. Deliveries and installations are scheduled during designated weekdays. Please note that the works must be hand delivered and installed by the artist. The Exhibitions Coordinator will be there to guide the installation. 2D artists are strongly encouraged to bring a helper to assist with hanging their pieces.
- Shows will generally open at the beginning of each quarter (January, April, July, and October), and come down at the very end of each quarter (March, June, September, and December). Artwork must hang for the entire duration of the exhibition, and must be picked up during the dismantling dates scheduled with the coordinator.
- Sales are handled directly through the artist. No sales commission is taken, but work must remain up until the end of the exhibit.
- Work that is not for sale is acceptable; a value must be given for NFS work.
- The artist is responsible for collecting and reporting NC sales tax.
- Artists must provide their own labels and artist statements to be posted with the works.
- There are no fees.
To Enter: Please read the following requirements carefully. Incomplete submissions cannot be considered. Please submit images of available works. Slides and cdroms will be reviewed soon after the deadline to create the 2012 exhibition schedule; for consideration, slides or cdroms must be received by the deadline..
To be considered for an exhibition, please submit all the following materials by November 15th:
- a cover letter stating that you are applying for the BMC location
- 15 – 20 numbered and labeled slides or a CD Rom of jpeg images of available works. Slides should be labeled with the artist’s name, title, media, size, price and date, and numbered to correspond with the image script. Please be sure that jpeg files are named and numbered to correspond with your image script. Please send a printed sheet of thumbnails of the images. Photos can also be included.
- a current resume
- a brief first person artist’s statement (one page maximum)
- numbered image script to correspond with slides or jpegs, listing titles of work, media, size, date, and prices. Artists submitting via a cdrom should also include a tear sheet with numbered thumbnails of their images.
- a list of 2012 dates your work will be available. Exhibit slots run January – March, April – June, July – September, and October to December.
- any supplementary materials you wish
- an SASE with sufficient postage for return of materials. Packets cannot be returned without an SASE.
Send the submission packet to:
Barbara Cullen, WFUBMC Art Curator
1013 Shaker Ct, Winston-Salem, NC 27104